Followers

Wednesday 12 December 2012

Sooner than I expected

My Grandpa passed away peacefully last night after moving into hospice care. It is what I have wanted for him, to not be any more pain. That does not mean I do not feel a great amount of grief. I am planning to make this simple miniature project to give to my step Grandma at the funeral, which will be happening next week.

It's a fairly simple project, perhaps I will make up several, to give to my Aunts as well.


I'll be flying to Vancouver on Tuesday, to attend the funeral on Wednesday, and then flying back on Thursday. We will do our best to make the funeral service a celebration of my Grandpa's life.

I will share with you an Irish blessing, and one of my Grandpa's favorite Hymn's, which is also a favorite hymn of mine.


This Hymn is called Be Thou My Vision



I'm not sure if I will resume my crazy Christmas mini scenes after I get back from Vancouver. I will put together the room box, but I think that we'll be it. I feel quite drained and exhausted and I'm not exaggerating when I say I have had very few nights of peaceful sleep since August. Last summer we were living in an apartment in a noisy neighbourhood frequented by drunks who liked to have noisy fights underneath our bedroom window. We moved into this townhouse in October, hoping at last to have peace and quiet, as it is a family friendly townhouse in a quiet neighbourhood. Unfortunately our neighbour on one side of us is about the rudest and least courteous person you can imagine.

After two months, many noise complaints and several calls to the police she finally got an eviction notice and will be gone as of Friday. I think all of you know how much I love posting on my miniature blog, but right now I just want to rest. So I don't know when I will be back.

Love Ruth

8 comments:

  1. Dear Ruth please accept my sincere condolences. I know you feel grief. It must have given you a little consolation to know that your grandfather suffered no pain. Parting is painful.
    Your gift is a wonderful gesture and is very beautiful. Be brave and take care.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sincere sympathy on your loss Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of your Grandfathers passing, my thoughts with and your family at this sad time xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, accept my sincere condolences for your grandfather passing. Your gift is very beautiful. Thanks for visit my blog. Hugs. Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear of your loss Ruth. Wishing you and your family a peaceful Christmas.
    Kat X

    ReplyDelete
  6. again, you have my deepest sympathy for your loss and I think your mini gift to your step-grandmother is wonderful.

    you are in my prayers dear one

    Love
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from Spain: Sorry read the passing of your grandfather. My condolences. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  8. I]m very sorry to hear about your loss. I too have lost my uncle this past week. He was my father brother and you know how much I miss my father. My prayers go out to you and your family in this difficult time. Just remember he was your best friend and he would want you to celebrate his life.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...