Followers

Monday 12 November 2012

My Grandpa's Dying

My first miniature project was a gift for my Grandpa's 97th birthday. He loved his gift and I just a letter from him in the mail the other day with a picture of the two of us on the morning I gave it to him and a hand written note saying "Visitors are intrigued by your gift."

I want to write more about what a generous man he is, how much integrity he has, all the happy memories I have of him. He prays for each of his nine grandchildren every morning by name every morning, something which has comforted me so much during the difficult periods in my life.

He is the first to say that he has lived a full, rich life and that he feels at peace about dying. But I can't help but feel that it is one of life's cruelties that after more than a decade of being extremely sick, only now when I am much better and am able to be fully present in all my relationships that it is his time to go.

I suppose it is a blessing that he lived long enough to see me get well, but right now all I can feel is grief.

 This is the present I made for my Grandpa and gave to him last July
http://miniaturemavendiaries.blogspot.ca/search/label/Miniature%20Scene%20within%20a%20box#.UKGX5YUre2c

6 comments:

  1. Words cannot really express how a person feels when the lose the very ones the treasure. I miss my grandfather who passed away in 1980. I can't tell you or share with you how I miss my father who passed away in 1999. We are so lucky to have these wonderful, strong, loving men in our lives. My heart still aches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grief no one can put up against time, age or quantify. It's just there and must have its place. So the grief you have that you miss your grandfather, it's yours. You must miss him. He also sounds like a fantastic human being. I wish you strength and energy to accommodate your grief.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so sorry to hear about your Grandpa I know how it felt to lose my grandmother it still hurts sometimes when I think about it but I know she's waiting for me and we'll have a great time when I see her again

    stay strong for him

    Love
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Spain: congratulations on your grandfather's birthday. I hope you're better of your health problems. We remain in contact blog blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your kind words. I don't usually leave a comment on my own blog, as most of you know, your comments arrive straight to my inbox and I reply to you directly before publishing your comments. I thought I would give you an update. My Grandpa's been admitted to the hospital. It's possible that he might come out, but realistically, I think the end is near. My wish for him right now is that he pass away peacefully and not experience any more pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ruth I am sorry I missed this post. I am very sorry for your sadness. It is always very sad to lose those we love I am sending you a Big Hug and just want you to know that I am thinking of you. Take care.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...